Certificated by QS-G.A.P.
For us, quality assurance begins long before the cultivation of our strawberries in the fields, greenhouses and tunnels. This is why we are certified annually by the German QA testing system. The implementation of and compliance with the requirements are checked by qualified auditors in independent audits. With QA certification, we also certify production and marketing processes that have been tested for our customers. The residue monitoring in the QA system monitors the compliance of our strawberries with applicable maximum residue levels for pesticides and limit values for pollutants and nitrates. It also checks whether the plant protection products used are authorised. The aim of monitoring is to ensure that only flawless goods find their way to the consumer.
In addition to the requirements of QA-GAP, we participate in the "FIAS" module - the Voluntary Inspection of Working and Social Conditions, which is checked annually. Our accommodations for our harvesters are regularly inspected by the responsible authorities of the district and are classified as exemplary.
What the certifiers test
- Crop rotation
- Sustainable soil cultivation (erosion reduction)
- Plant health and propagating material suitability
- Documentation of fertiliser and PPP measures
- Pest monitoring
- Needs-based fertilisation / annual nutrient balance
- Correct storage of fertilizers and PPP agents
- Compliance with the rules of use and approval
- Professional competence of the employees who carry out applications
- Water quality and analysis
- Water management (sustainable use of water)
- Traceability of products
- Implementation of hygiene instructions (concerning both plants and fruits)
- Implementation of the waste management and recycling system
- Proper instruction of employees in the use of machines
- Safeguarding occupational safety and social concerns
- Requirements for social rooms and employee accommodation
- Risk analysis and procedures for safe and healthy working conditions
- Accident and emergency plan, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, warning signs, codes of conduct
just to mention a few of the monitored points...